About Me
Name: Lauren         Location: Middle Tennessee, USA

Welcome to my blog! I am a Christian, wife, and mother who enjoys reading, running, and all things Disney. Stop by regularly for a glimpse into my life!
My Complete Profile           Email Me


Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Family Fun
On Friday afternoon, we headed to my parents house to visit with my brother, his wife, and their three adorable children. We were greeted by smiling faces.

The kids had so much fun playing: the four older kids played tag by running in circles around the house. I am sure Grammy and Papa don't usually have so much excitement on Friday evenings.

This sweet boy, my youngest nephew, hung out next to the sun room for most of the evening and talked to Oreo (our dog) through the gate. It was so cute. For the record, I appreciated my mom allowing Oreo to come. She is not a big fan of dogs, or any other animals.

The kids enjoyed a sleepover together (except my Favorite Boy who woke up on Saturday morning grumpy because he doesn't sleep well when he doesn't have a bed to himself).

On Saturday morning, everyone was up early, so we started a video to give the grown-ups time to wake up.

I also took some pictures, but I had a difficult time getting some of my subjects to grin. This was as good as I could get out of my beautiful niece (and she was trying not to smile at all).



My Best Girl collected flowers outside, so after lunch she opened a flower shop. Notice the sign. The part in yellow says, "Buy for free if you are my mom you can." Everyone else had to pay 5 cents (we convinced her that 5 cents was more reasonable than 5 dollars).

We spent most of Saturday outside. It was beautiful, and the kids had a wonderful time. The girls spent a lot of time digging and finding rocks. They really enjoyed each other. My Favorite Boy spent some time playing ball (of course). I didn't have my good camera with me, so I couldn't get a good action shot.

Oreo had so much fun playing outside all day. She decided she wanted her picture taken, too. She thinks this is her best side.

We had a great weekend! Soon, we'll be adding a web cam to our home so we can Skype. I know the kids will enjoy keeping in touch between visits!

Labels: , ,


  posted at 8:17 AM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At March 16, 2011 11:19 AM, Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Such cute pictures! Love that last one of Oreo, so glad she got her best side in :)

And Happy Belated Birthday! Looks like a big time celebration going on, hope you had a wonderful birthday this year :)

 
At March 16, 2011 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, it's not that I don't like animals at all. I think I should like all of God's creatures and I would never want them mistreated. However, I just don't want them too close to where I have to be and would prefer that someone else take care of them when they need up close and personal attention. Love the pictures of my beautiful grandchildren--doesn't every grandmother say this?!! Momma/Grammy

 
At March 29, 2011 8:57 PM, Blogger Jana @sidetrackd said...

It's such fun to be with family you don't see often! Happy (very) belated birthday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Previous Posts
  • Hodge Podge
  • New Goals
  • Out of the Mouths of Babes
  • My Princess Marathon Weekend, Part Three (The Fina...
  • Flat Friday
  • My Disney Princess Half-Marathon, Part Two
  • My Princess Half-Marathon Weekend, Part One
  • Highs and Lows
  • Nightstand--February (and Other Topics)
  • Valentine's Day Fun

  • Categories
  • Blogging
  • Books
  • Children's Books
  • Disney
  • Family and Friends
  • Fun
  • General
  • Hodge Podge
  • Life Lessons
  • Me
  • My Best Girl
  • My Favorite Boy
  • Running
  • Small Talk
  • Wordless Wednesday

  • Archives
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • November 2008
  • December 2008
  • January 2009
  • February 2009
  • April 2009
  • January 2010
  • February 2010
  • March 2010
  • April 2010
  • May 2010
  • June 2010
  • July 2010
  • August 2010
  • September 2010
  • October 2010
  • November 2010
  • December 2010
  • January 2011
  • February 2011
  • March 2011
  • April 2011
  • May 2011
  • June 2011
  • July 2011
  • August 2011
  • September 2011
  • October 2011
  • November 2011
  • December 2011
  • January 2012
  • February 2012
  • March 2012
  • April 2012
  • May 2012
  • June 2012
  • August 2012
  • September 2012
  • October 2012
  • November 2012
  • December 2012
  • January 2013

  • My Reading Pile



    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Images from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Meter: