About Me
Name: Lauren         Location: Middle Tennessee, USA

Welcome to my blog! I am a Christian, wife, and mother who enjoys reading, running, and all things Disney. Stop by regularly for a glimpse into my life!
My Complete Profile           Email Me


Wednesday, March 2, 2011
My Princess Half-Marathon Weekend, Part One
This past weekend was an awesome experience for me! I left for Disney World on Friday morning. When I arrived at the Orlando airport, my friend Rachel was there to greet me, and we boarded the Magical Express bus bound for our resort. We checked in at All-Star Sports, headed to our room, and had to smile when this greeted us.

After leaving our bags in the room, we went to the Expo at the Wide World of Sports complex. This was my first big race, so I really enjoyed looking at all the merchandise. Because the event was geared toward women, most of the merchandise was for women as well. There are a couple of things I wish I would have purchased (a 13.1 car magnet shaped like a Mickey head and a "See Mom Run" shirt). Next time, I won't hesitate with my wallet so much (that's a common issue in our family).

How cool are these coachmen?

After the expo, we headed to Downtown Disney for a nice dinner at Wolfgang Puck's and some browsing. Again, I didn't purchase anything, but I enjoyed looking!

On Saturday morning, we woke up bright and early to board the bus for the Magic Kingdom. We had reservations for the Keys to the Kingdom Tour: a behind the scenes look at the Magic Kingdom. Before we checked in for our tour, we walked up Main Street, rode Snow White's Scary Adventures, hung out with Pinocchio, and grabbed some Fastpasses for Pooh.

We checked in for our tour and got our special Guest passes so we could go Backstage.

The tour lasted around four hours, and it was wonderful. There were so many things that I wanted to capture with my camera, but once you went behind these walls, no cameras were allowed.

Although some of the Disney magic has been revealed to me now, I finished the tour with an even greater appreciation for Walt Disney's vision and what happens behind the scenes every day in the Magic Kingdom. It is truly an amazing place.

After the tour, we visited several attractions before heading back to the hotel for dinner and an early bedtime, groaning as we set our alarm for 3:30 eastern time. We just couldn't understand why we needed to board a bus by 4AM, but we should have trusted Disney. Stay tuned for a race day report!

Labels: , , ,


  posted at 8:32 AM  
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At March 02, 2011 2:33 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

I've been wondering how your race weekend was! Looking forward to The Continuing Story...!

 
At March 02, 2011 3:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I was wondering too. Glad to hear how it started.

And I often hold on to my dollars too tightly as well and have regrets. I'm sorry for you, but I guess it will remind you next time to go for it -- especially when on vacation!

Even though my husband is much more frugal than I am in general, he knows when it's okay and is good about encouraging me.

 
At March 02, 2011 7:53 PM, Blogger Jana @sidetrackd said...

Sounds like a great weekend, so far. Looking forward to reading about race day!

 
At March 08, 2011 10:20 AM, Blogger gail@more than a song said...

Fun that y'all got to have some other Disney fun while there! You totally should have gotten a shirt. :)

 
At March 09, 2011 11:27 AM, Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Wow, I can't believe you ran a half marathon! How cool that you got to go and hang out and do all of that extra stuff with your friend :) I can't believe there's places they don't allow camera, must be very top secret and spy-like, LOL! Looks like a ton of people there! Going to read the other part, and I agree, next time get you some fun stuff!

 
At March 29, 2011 9:42 AM, Blogger Hyperactive Lu said...

I've been thinking about you since race day and I just haven't gotten on here to tell you or comment on the posts!!!

I had a local friend run the same race and it dawned on me the day before that this was YOUR race!!!

Looks like you had a ton of fun! Yay! for achieving this goal!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Previous Posts
  • Highs and Lows
  • Nightstand--February (and Other Topics)
  • Valentine's Day Fun
  • 13.0
  • Snow Day Fun
  • Days 8 and 9
  • It Was My Husband's Birthday, But I Got the Present
  • 16
  • My Streak Has Ended
  • Hooray for Spring!

  • Categories
  • Blogging
  • Books
  • Children's Books
  • Disney
  • Family and Friends
  • Fun
  • General
  • Hodge Podge
  • Life Lessons
  • Me
  • My Best Girl
  • My Favorite Boy
  • Running
  • Small Talk
  • Wordless Wednesday

  • Archives
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • November 2008
  • December 2008
  • January 2009
  • February 2009
  • April 2009
  • January 2010
  • February 2010
  • March 2010
  • April 2010
  • May 2010
  • June 2010
  • July 2010
  • August 2010
  • September 2010
  • October 2010
  • November 2010
  • December 2010
  • January 2011
  • February 2011
  • March 2011
  • April 2011
  • May 2011
  • June 2011
  • July 2011
  • August 2011
  • September 2011
  • October 2011
  • November 2011
  • December 2011
  • January 2012
  • February 2012
  • March 2012
  • April 2012
  • May 2012
  • June 2012
  • August 2012
  • September 2012
  • October 2012
  • November 2012
  • December 2012
  • January 2013

  • My Reading Pile



    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Images from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Meter: