About Me
Name: Lauren         Location: Middle Tennessee, USA

Welcome to my blog! I am a Christian, wife, and mother who enjoys reading, running, and all things Disney. Stop by regularly for a glimpse into my life!
My Complete Profile           Email Me


Friday, March 4, 2011
My Princess Marathon Weekend, Part Three (The Final Chapter)
After the race, Rachel and I headed back to the resort for a quick shower. Once we were clean, we boarded a bus for Hollywood Studios. I wore the "I Did It" shirt that Rachel gave me, and we both sported our medals. It was so fun to see all the women wearing their medals in the parks. It felt like we were part of a special Disney sisterhood. :)

It was about 11:15, and we snagged one of the last sets of Fastpasses for Toy Story Mania. While we were excited to obtain the precious Fastpasses, we were slightly bummed by the 8:00 PM return time. We didn't know if we would be able to hold out until then (remember we woke up at 3:30 AM), but we decided to wait and see.

We hopped aboard a Friendship boat and headed to Epcot. This was the first of several boat rides during the day, and my legs appreciated them all. Once we arrived at Epcot, we grabbed some Fastpasses for Soarin', and then walked around the World Showcase in search of lunch. We weren't sure what we wanted, but we knew we were looking for something we we wouldn't do with our children. We ended up in France.

Our lunch was delicious, and it was so fun to enjoy a nice, relaxing meal. I don't think I have mentioned the weather, but the entire weekend was sunny with highs in the mid-eighties and lows around 60 (perfect). During lunch, the sun was streaming in the windows, and we could see all the beautiful landscaping outside. So nice!

Speaking of landscaping, the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival was about to begin, so many of the topiaries were already on display. We spent the afternoon walking around the countries and admiring the beauty.

We also enjoyed the Gran Fiesta Tour, Soarin' and Living with the Land before ending our time at Epcot with a treat from the caramel shop in Germany. YUM!

At about six, we headed back to Hollywood Studios. At this point, we were both EXHAUSTED, but determined to finish the day with a bang (we probably walked at least four or five miles in addition to the race). We forced our tired legs to the Great Movie Ride in Hollywood Studios, and then almost fell asleep in One Man's Dream (no offense to Walt Disney's life story--it's amazing, but a dark theater was a tough challenge for our tired eyes). Finally, it was time for Toy Story Mania.

Rachel finished the marathon 30 minutes ahead of me, so I am happy to say that I came out on top in the video game category. :)

We got back to our room about 9:00 and crashed. The next morning came quickly (and so did the sore muscles), and we boarded the bus for the airport. The entire weekend was so fun, and I am so thankful that Rachel was able to go with me. I am always sad to leave Disney, but not this time. We're going back in a few weeks! Yes, my name is Lauren, and I am a Disney addict.

Labels: , ,


  posted at 8:10 AM  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At March 04, 2011 10:11 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I think that a girlfriend trip to WDW sounds great.

The family and I leave in a week and a half!!!

 
At March 06, 2011 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats girl!!! I am so excited for you! Glad you did well and a had a great time! I hope you guys have fun at spring break! How fun!! We need to catch up sometime here. Need a Lauren fix! HA! Oh by the way I have bought a pig, chickens and a cow! And I just built a spot for a garden. I am going a little crazy.
PS. the above animals I bought in their butchered state just in case you were wondering.

Laura

 
At March 08, 2011 10:45 AM, Blogger gail@more than a song said...

Wait, you're going back again soon! How fun.
The last time I was there I think Soarin' was one of my favorite rides.
Y'all may have been tired but look good in your pictures!

 
At March 09, 2011 11:36 AM, Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Wow, I cannot believe you ran a half marathon, and then did all of that walking! I would have been complaining about my legs hurting, for sure, and wanting to sit and rest! Love your shirt, and all of the pictures are so cute!

Can't believe you're going back, but I bet you'll enjoy this trip too, assume its with the whole family?! You guys will have a blast, I bet :) Maybe you should take your medal and wear it one day, hehehe!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Previous Posts
  • Flat Friday
  • My Disney Princess Half-Marathon, Part Two
  • My Princess Half-Marathon Weekend, Part One
  • Highs and Lows
  • Nightstand--February (and Other Topics)
  • Valentine's Day Fun
  • 13.0
  • Snow Day Fun
  • Days 8 and 9
  • It Was My Husband's Birthday, But I Got the Present

  • Categories
  • Blogging
  • Books
  • Children's Books
  • Disney
  • Family and Friends
  • Fun
  • General
  • Hodge Podge
  • Life Lessons
  • Me
  • My Best Girl
  • My Favorite Boy
  • Running
  • Small Talk
  • Wordless Wednesday

  • Archives
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • November 2008
  • December 2008
  • January 2009
  • February 2009
  • April 2009
  • January 2010
  • February 2010
  • March 2010
  • April 2010
  • May 2010
  • June 2010
  • July 2010
  • August 2010
  • September 2010
  • October 2010
  • November 2010
  • December 2010
  • January 2011
  • February 2011
  • March 2011
  • April 2011
  • May 2011
  • June 2011
  • July 2011
  • August 2011
  • September 2011
  • October 2011
  • November 2011
  • December 2011
  • January 2012
  • February 2012
  • March 2012
  • April 2012
  • May 2012
  • June 2012
  • August 2012
  • September 2012
  • October 2012
  • November 2012
  • December 2012
  • January 2013

  • My Reading Pile



    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Images from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Meter: