About Me
Name: Lauren         Location: Middle Tennessee, USA

Welcome to my blog! I am a Christian, wife, and mother who enjoys reading, running, and all things Disney. Stop by regularly for a glimpse into my life!
My Complete Profile           Email Me


Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Nightstand--February (and Other Topics)
I haven't posted in a week, mostly because I was busy with day-to-day things as well as cleaning and cooking for company to come over on Thursday and Saturday evenings. Additionally, my Favorite Boy's basketball tournament is keeping us busy, and I am making final preparations for my half-marathon trip this weekend. With flu, strep, and a stomach bug making their rounds in our area, I am praying that the germs stay away until next Monday!!!! After I've trained for so long, I don't want to do a 13.1 mile race feeling badly, and I also don't want to leave my husband with sick kids. Maybe we should just lock ourselves in the closet until Friday morning.

It's time for the monthly Nightstand carnival at 5 Minutes for Books. From my list last month, I completed Another Dawn by Kathryn Cushman (review coming soon at 5M4B), Promises to Keep by Ann Tatlock (review HERE), and The Maker's Diet by Jordan Rubin. I read a few others as well, and I need to update my reading list in the sidebar. I am still working on Parenting by The Book by John Rosemond and Logged On and Tuned Out by Vicki Courtney, and I am adding the following books to my pile:

The Dressmaker of Khair Khana by Gayle Tzemach Lemmon
Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
Fade to Blue by Julie Carobini
Breaking the Vicious Cycle by Elaine Gloria Gottschall

I am excited to take my new Nook with me to Disney this weekend. I have Unbroken on it, so I will enjoy trying it out at the airport and during down time. I also got a free copy of the Bible, so I can have a Bible handy without taking up a lot of space in my suitcase.

I may post sporadically (if at all) for the rest of the week, but I'll have lots to say next week!

Labels:


  posted at 10:09 AM  
  11 comments



11 Comments:
At February 22, 2011 12:48 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

We've been locking ourselves away to stay well also! We have a minor bug right now but nothing too dreadfully serious (thank goodness.)

I hope you have an awesome trip!

 
At February 22, 2011 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your list looks very good. Unbroken and The Dressmaker of Khair Khana in particular intrigue me!

 
At February 22, 2011 1:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I liked Logged On and Tuned Out. Read a while ago. Good thoughts.

I got a Kathryn Cushman book free on Kindle (stockpiled) -- one that you reviewed. I don't know when/if I'll read it, but it's there!

Unbroken is such a popular book -- I'd love you to write up a review if you can. Amy at Hope is the Word just linked to her great review. I'm hoping to read it (I gave it to my dad for Christmas).

 
At February 22, 2011 2:12 PM, Blogger morninglight mama said...

Have a blast on your trip, Lauren!

 
At February 22, 2011 3:18 PM, Blogger Cassandra said...

The Dressmaker sounds really good!! It's definitely a book getting added to my to-read list.

Good luck with your half marathon!

 
At February 22, 2011 3:38 PM, Anonymous Susan said...

Well, I was all ready to comment on books, but I have to say - have a GREAT time at Disney! We went in 2008, and I would dearly love to return. It truly is a magical place.

 
At February 22, 2011 8:02 PM, Anonymous bekahcubed said...

Ah, The Maker's Diet, another of those books I'm professionally interested in but just can't force my worn-out-from-work-in-long-term-care brain to want to deal with. Fortunately for me, my LTC patients don't really care for my take on the latest in pop nutrition--but I still wish I could stay on top of it anyway!

Enjoy your time in Disney (and reading!)

 
At February 22, 2011 8:46 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

I'm so jealous of your trip to Disney! And good luck with your half mile, maybe someday I'll get there...

I'm looking forward to your review of Another Dawn.

 
At February 22, 2011 9:29 PM, Blogger Amy @ Hope Is the Word said...

Oh, Unbroken is fabulous!!!!!! It will make for very absorbing reading while you're traveling, only do be forewarned that it has to do with airplanes in war, if you're prone to get nervous while flying. Have a great trip to WDW and best of luck on your half-marathon!

 
At February 23, 2011 8:38 PM, Blogger Jana @sidetrackd said...

Locking yourselves in the closet might be your best bet. :-) hope everyone stays well and you enjoy your trip and race.

 
At February 26, 2011 10:17 PM, Anonymous Trish said...

Sounds like a fun list, and I hope you had an awesome time on your trip!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Previous Posts
  • Valentine's Day Fun
  • 13.0
  • Snow Day Fun
  • Days 8 and 9
  • It Was My Husband's Birthday, But I Got the Present
  • 16
  • My Streak Has Ended
  • Hooray for Spring!
  • Anniversary
  • Nightstand--January

  • Categories
  • Blogging
  • Books
  • Children's Books
  • Disney
  • Family and Friends
  • Fun
  • General
  • Hodge Podge
  • Life Lessons
  • Me
  • My Best Girl
  • My Favorite Boy
  • Running
  • Small Talk
  • Wordless Wednesday

  • Archives
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • November 2008
  • December 2008
  • January 2009
  • February 2009
  • April 2009
  • January 2010
  • February 2010
  • March 2010
  • April 2010
  • May 2010
  • June 2010
  • July 2010
  • August 2010
  • September 2010
  • October 2010
  • November 2010
  • December 2010
  • January 2011
  • February 2011
  • March 2011
  • April 2011
  • May 2011
  • June 2011
  • July 2011
  • August 2011
  • September 2011
  • October 2011
  • November 2011
  • December 2011
  • January 2012
  • February 2012
  • March 2012
  • April 2012
  • May 2012
  • June 2012
  • August 2012
  • September 2012
  • October 2012
  • November 2012
  • December 2012
  • January 2013

  • My Reading Pile



    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Images from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Meter: