About Me
Name: Lauren         Location: Middle Tennessee, USA

Welcome to my blog! I am a Christian, wife, and mother who enjoys reading, running, and all things Disney. Stop by regularly for a glimpse into my life!
My Complete Profile           Email Me


Thursday, July 14, 2011
Summer Update
We are having a wonderful summer, but it is passing way too quickly! Here's a long, boring post with no pictures that can serve as an update.

In recent weeks, the kids have logged quite a few hours in the pool, visited the movie theater for Cars 2 and Kung Fu Panda 2 (my Best Girl thought this was too scary) , enjoyed play time with friends, and other fun activities. My Best Girl got to see Mr. Popper's Penguins as well because her kindergarten teacher took her to the movie (we had the world's best kindergarten teacher).

This week, my Favorite Boy is at an enrichment camp at his school. He is enjoying his classes, which range from sports, to candy making, to magic. My Best Girl wasn't old enough to attend the school program, so she chose to go to an outdoor nature camp. She loves it and is spending her days playing in the creek, making crafts, learning about snakes, and catching crawdads. This is SO up her alley.

I am trying to use my time wisely this week. On Monday, I spent most of the day in a PTA budget meeting. I am excited to be serving as co-president for the upcoming school year. Our meeting went very well, but it was also a wake-up call that school is just around the corner. I wish summer lasted longer!

I am also catching up on my scrapbook; I finished 2008 and am working on June 2009. I am pleased with my progress and hope to catch up by the end of the summer. My final to-do for this week: I am packing for Disney. Yes, the kids and I are going AGAIN. We are driving down next week to take advantage of our annual passes. I am looking forward to a laid-back trip (it will be too hot for our usual commando-style park touring). When we return, PTA business will kick into full gear, and my brother and his family will be here from New Mexico.

I am still on my restrictive diet, and my reflux is MUCH better. Yesterday, I had almost no symptoms for the first time in well over a year. I have been living on meats, nuts, fruits and veggies for almost four months, and it seems normal now. It will be difficult to stick with my diet completely while on vacation, but we're going to have a kitchen this time, so that will help.

I have been excited this year because up until recently, I had visited the doctor fewer times than anyone else in the family. That's never happened. Unfortunately, I am now going to physical therapy 3 times a week for disc pain in my back, so I am back to being the costly medical patient. They think it is a bulging disc that will heal with therapy, and I really hope that's true because my plan of running in the Women's Half Marathon in late September is fading quickly at this point.

That's what's going on around here. I'll be crying in a few weeks when school starts, but for now, we'll try to cram in as much as we can in the remaining days of summer vacation!

Labels: , , ,


  posted at 11:01 AM  
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At July 14, 2011 6:01 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

You do sound busy - in a good way though!

So sorry about your back. =( That must be so frustrating when you want to be running! Hopefully the PT will take care of the problem.

 
At July 14, 2011 7:33 PM, Blogger Debbie said...

I wish we were going with you to Disney! We seriously talked about going again this year but decided to go to the beach with all of the grandparents instead (I know, what are we thinking?!).

Glad you're having a good summer! Hope to visit with you soon! (Candice said she'd be touching base about our get together.)

 
At July 14, 2011 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and by the way, Best Girl and Favorite Boy spent an exciting two nights with their Grammy and Papa!!What fun!!

 
At July 15, 2011 11:03 AM, Blogger The Juggling Mommy said...

I'm so sorry about your back - that sounds so painful. Your neice and nephew loved both of those movies as well (the other 2, of course). Glad that your reflux is better! What a blessing!

 
At July 15, 2011 11:04 AM, Blogger The Juggling Mommy said...

I meant older 2, not other 2. ;)

 
At July 16, 2011 5:28 PM, Blogger Jana @sidetrackd said...

Sounds like you guys are staying busy! Enjoy these last few weeks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Previous Posts
  • Summer Picnic
  • May Disney Trip: Days Five and Six
  • May Disney Trip: Days 3 and 4
  • May Disney Trip: Days One and Two
  • Family Fun
  • More Summer Fun and an Update
  • Summer Reading
  • Summer Fun
  • Spring Break, Part Three
  • Spring Break, Part Two

  • Categories
  • Blogging
  • Books
  • Children's Books
  • Disney
  • Family and Friends
  • Fun
  • General
  • Hodge Podge
  • Life Lessons
  • Me
  • My Best Girl
  • My Favorite Boy
  • Running
  • Small Talk
  • Wordless Wednesday

  • Archives
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • November 2008
  • December 2008
  • January 2009
  • February 2009
  • April 2009
  • January 2010
  • February 2010
  • March 2010
  • April 2010
  • May 2010
  • June 2010
  • July 2010
  • August 2010
  • September 2010
  • October 2010
  • November 2010
  • December 2010
  • January 2011
  • February 2011
  • March 2011
  • April 2011
  • May 2011
  • June 2011
  • July 2011
  • August 2011
  • September 2011
  • October 2011
  • November 2011
  • December 2011
  • January 2012
  • February 2012
  • March 2012
  • April 2012
  • May 2012
  • June 2012
  • August 2012
  • September 2012
  • October 2012
  • November 2012
  • December 2012
  • January 2013

  • My Reading Pile



    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Images from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Meter: