About Me
Name: Lauren         Location: Middle Tennessee, USA

Welcome to my blog! I am a Christian, wife, and mother who enjoys reading, running, and all things Disney. Stop by regularly for a glimpse into my life!
My Complete Profile           Email Me


Thursday, December 9, 2010
Update
I am feeling the need to post something, so here is a brief update on all of us:

Dad: My husband travels a lot. One of the blessings of the Christmas season is that his travel slows down. He took his last trip this week, and he will now be home until January. HOORAY! Having him home three weeks in a row will be wonderful. He is also busy coaching my Favorite Boy's basketball team. They are having a good time.

Me: Between Christmas, puppy care, cleaning, and a big volunteer project at the kids' school, I am keeping busy. I am slowly marking things off the to-do list, but it seems I add as many as I eliminate! I guess that's just how it goes at this time of year. I am still trying to eat as healthy as I can with real food ingredients, but I have decided that a few things are worth poisoning my body. Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners are included on this list, and an occasional Krispy Kreme donut and Gigi's cupcake are allowed as well. Other than that, I am trying to stick with lots of veggies, fruits, and healthy meats, and I am still trying to eliminate processed foods. As far as running goes, I am up to 7 miles. I ran on the treadmill this week because it is too cold, but I hope it will warm up in time for my next long run, which will be 8 miles. I can handle 30s, but I've decided I don't run outside when it is 20s or below.

My Favorite Boy: He is keeping busy with baseball and basketball. His travel baseball team practices once a week at an indoor facility. He also has one basketball practice during the week and a game on the weekend. His basketball league is at his school, and all the kids involved are students there. That makes the league extra fun for him. My Favorite Boy and Best Girl are both enjoying Oreo. She gets very excited when they arrive home! (Also, Oreo is the BEST sleeper. She is sleeping from 10:30-6:30 without going out to potty. I am so thrilled with this!)

My Best Girl: She is taking gymnastics once a week, and she is also my little helper. Last week, we made some healthy pop-tarts. They turned out very well, but she is still picky about breakfast. She ate the pop-tarts a few times and then wanted something different. I am still trying to switch us over to real food, but my Best Girl is my holdout. She did, however, love making the pop-tarts. She could have played in the flour for hours! I wish I was more of a Martha Stewart (minus the felony conviction). My Best Girl loves crafts, baking, etc..., and I am so bad at these types of things!

There you have a very brief update about us. I'll try to write more soon!

Labels: , , ,


  posted at 8:33 AM  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At December 09, 2010 10:01 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

I am beyond impressed by your homemade poptarts. WOW!

That's AWESOME that Oreo is doing such a great job sleeping through the night! YAY!

Hope you are enjoying your Christmas season!

 
At December 09, 2010 8:33 PM, Blogger Jana @sidetrackd said...

Glad you guys are doing well. I might have to try the "pop tarts"; my girl is our hold out and still asks for them (over a year later).

 
At December 10, 2010 10:45 AM, Blogger Leah said...

Nice to have a little update on your family. Glad to hear things are going so well for all of you! Hope you have a very merry Christmas!

 
At December 12, 2010 9:39 PM, Blogger Hyperactive Lu said...

Hmmm... healthy pop tarts... sound yummy! If I splurge for pop tarts, I buy the "organic" ones... which my brother says is a oxy moron?! HAHA! Anyway, looks like y'all are busy, busy!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Previous Posts
  • Plugging Along
  • Animals
  • Our New Arrival
  • Home
  • 10K
  • Birthday Fun
  • Introducing Oreo
  • Softball Finale
  • Happy Birthday to My Best Girl!
  • Encouraging Words

  • Categories
  • Blogging
  • Books
  • Children's Books
  • Disney
  • Family and Friends
  • Fun
  • General
  • Hodge Podge
  • Life Lessons
  • Me
  • My Best Girl
  • My Favorite Boy
  • Running
  • Small Talk
  • Wordless Wednesday

  • Archives
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • November 2008
  • December 2008
  • January 2009
  • February 2009
  • April 2009
  • January 2010
  • February 2010
  • March 2010
  • April 2010
  • May 2010
  • June 2010
  • July 2010
  • August 2010
  • September 2010
  • October 2010
  • November 2010
  • December 2010
  • January 2011
  • February 2011
  • March 2011
  • April 2011
  • May 2011
  • June 2011
  • July 2011
  • August 2011
  • September 2011
  • October 2011
  • November 2011
  • December 2011
  • January 2012
  • February 2012
  • March 2012
  • April 2012
  • May 2012
  • June 2012
  • August 2012
  • September 2012
  • October 2012
  • November 2012
  • December 2012
  • January 2013

  • My Reading Pile



    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Images from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Meter: