About Me
Name: Lauren         Location: Middle Tennessee, USA

Welcome to my blog! I am a Christian, wife, and mother who enjoys reading, running, and all things Disney. Stop by regularly for a glimpse into my life!
My Complete Profile           Email Me


Monday, December 13, 2010
Disney: Days One and Two
Our low tonight is going to be about 6 degrees. I am NOT a fan of cold weather, so I am going to take this opportunity to pretend I am back at Disney World. In November, the kids and I spent six fun-filled nights at our favorite place. Although Dad originally planned to go with us, a work event got in the way, so he suggested that we go on without him. Had this been the trip of a lifetime, we would have rescheduled, but we know we'll get him back to Disney before long!

We picked the kids up at school on Friday, November 12th at 12:30 and headed to the airport. My Best Girl's teacher is so nice that she packed a goody bag for the plane.

We arrived in Orlando at 5:30 and boarded the Magical Express for our hotel, the All-Star Sports resort. After checking out the room, which was in the Touchdown section (our favorite), we headed to the gift shop to find an autograph book for my Favorite Boy. My Best Girl didn't need an autograph book because she collected autographs on a pillow case this year. After visiting the gift shop, we turned in for the night. We needed to be ready to roll on our first park day!

My Best Girl always wakes up early on vacation, so we were up in plenty of time to board the bus for Epcot. The weather was perfect the entire week; we were excited to start the day with sunshine and warm temperatures (highs were in the low 80s). When we arrived at Epcot, we headed to some of our favorite attractions: Soarin', Nemo, Turtle Talk with Crush, and Test Track. Since I was parenting solo, I even toughed it out for my kids and rode MISSION:Space (I had a panic attack the last time I rode it because I am claustrophobic). Then, we headed to Norway for lunch with the princesses.

Belle, my Best Girl's favorite, greeted us in the lobby. The other princesses came to our table as we ate.

Surprisingly, my Favorite Boy posed with the princesses. However, he did have an ulterior motive. His autograph book had a spot for an autograph and a spot for a picture. Since he needed the pictures with the characters for his book, he was willing to pose. I was just happy to get some pictures of my handsome prince.

For my Best Girl, the highlight of the meal came when Snow White asked for her help during the parade around the restaurant. My Best Girl got to carry Snow White's flowers and hold her hand. Her smile clearly reflects how she felt about this honor! After the parade, Snow White kissed her check, and my Best Girl was thrilled by this as well.

I am an over-the-top planner, but when we left our lunch, I realized I had made one mistake in my plans. The week we visited Disney is a very low-crowd week. Generally, you don't have to wait in ANY lines. Unfortunately, I overlooked the fact that this particular weekend was the final weekend of Epcot's Food and Wine Festival. So, Epcot was more crowded than I was expecting, particularly the World Showcase area. Although I wished we had waited until later in the week to visit Epcot, we didn't let the crowds spoil our fun; we were still able to visit Spaceship Earth, Journey Into Imagination, the Gran Fiesta Tour, Maelstrom, and experience a few Kim Possible adventures before heading to our dinner at The Garden Grill. We even stopped for a visit with Stitch and Daisy Duck and took our annual Viking picture.

At the Garden Grill, we dined with farmer Mickey, Pluto, Chip, and Dale. This restaurant revolves and overlooks the Living with the Land attraction. The kids really enjoyed the restaurant and the character interaction was great. My Best Girl especially enjoyed dancing with Mickey.

Pluto, Chip and Dale were also fun. Can you tell Chip and Dale apart? Here's a hint: Chip's nose is black (like a chocolate chip). At this point, my Best Girl started trying to put bunny ears on all the characters. She thought this was hilarious.

The evening ended with dessert, and this was one of my Favorite Boy's top treats of the week. How cute is this? It's Mickey Mousse. :)

After dinner, we returned to the hotel and turned in early. We had to get our rest for Hollywood Studios.

Stay tuned for days three and four of our magical trip. I'll post them soon!

Labels:


  posted at 11:11 AM  
  0 comments



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Previous Posts
  • It's Beginning To Look a Lot Like Christmas
  • Update
  • Plugging Along
  • Animals
  • Our New Arrival
  • Home
  • 10K
  • Birthday Fun
  • Introducing Oreo
  • Softball Finale

  • Categories
  • Blogging
  • Books
  • Children's Books
  • Disney
  • Family and Friends
  • Fun
  • General
  • Hodge Podge
  • Life Lessons
  • Me
  • My Best Girl
  • My Favorite Boy
  • Running
  • Small Talk
  • Wordless Wednesday

  • Archives
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • November 2008
  • December 2008
  • January 2009
  • February 2009
  • April 2009
  • January 2010
  • February 2010
  • March 2010
  • April 2010
  • May 2010
  • June 2010
  • July 2010
  • August 2010
  • September 2010
  • October 2010
  • November 2010
  • December 2010
  • January 2011
  • February 2011
  • March 2011
  • April 2011
  • May 2011
  • June 2011
  • July 2011
  • August 2011
  • September 2011
  • October 2011
  • November 2011
  • December 2011
  • January 2012
  • February 2012
  • March 2012
  • April 2012
  • May 2012
  • June 2012
  • August 2012
  • September 2012
  • October 2012
  • November 2012
  • December 2012
  • January 2013

  • My Reading Pile



    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Images from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Meter: