About Me
Name: Lauren         Location: Middle Tennessee, USA

Welcome to my blog! I am a Christian, wife, and mother who enjoys reading, running, and all things Disney. Stop by regularly for a glimpse into my life!
My Complete Profile           Email Me


Thursday, December 30, 2010
Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
After spending Christmas Eve Day at my aunt's house, we returned home for Christmas Eve with Grammy and Papa in tow. They have been at our house on Christmas Eve every year since my Favorite Boy was one because they lived far away and had to stay at our house during Christmas. Even though they are back in Tennessee, we decided they should spend the night anyway, so we opened presents with them on Christmas Eve, and they stayed until lunch on Christmas Day.

I now realize that I did a horrible job taking pictures on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I have a few of the kids opening presents, but none of them with us or their grandparents. I also have no pictures of my Best Girl spreading reindeer food in the front yard or of us leaving milk and cookies for Santa. I will do better next year!

My Best Girl was thrilled with some new games and accessories for her DS, as well as lots of arts and craft projects. My Favorite Boy is always excited about new video games, but he also enjoyed opening some clothes this year. My husband says that's a sure sign he's getting older! Of course, all the clothing items were Under Armour or North Face, so I'd guess those items would make many eight-year-old boys happy. Thanks to Grammy, Papa, Uncle R, Aunt R, and Santa for showering them with so many wonderful gifts! (My brother and his family celebrated at home in New Mexico this year, but we are already excited that they will be coming around the holidays next year!)

We spent most of Christmas Day being lazy, which was wonderful! Even though my husband's family came for dinner, we had done most of the work ahead of time, so we were able to enjoy spending time together. In the past, we have always gone to my aunt's for lunch, so we usually have to rush out soon after opening presents.

Around 4:30, my husband's family began to arrive. Even though we were missing seven family members, we still had a full house with 33! Since my husband's grandmother is 90, every Christmas with her is special, and we enjoyed the evening. This year, Uncle D interviewed Granny and made a DVD about her life. We all watched it together, and we all got a copy to keep. Unfortunately, this family event didn't last long enough. The roads started getting icy, so everyone packed up to leave about 7:30. Although the evening was short, we were thankful to see everyone (and eat all the yummy food). It was a wonderful Christmas Day!

Labels: , , ,


  posted at 6:20 AM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At December 30, 2010 9:39 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

Sounds like a wonderful, family-filled time! You packed a LOT in!

One more Merry CHristmas to you and then I suppose we're on to a Happy New Year!

 
At December 30, 2010 7:04 PM, Blogger Jana @sidetrackd said...

Glad you guys had a Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Previous Posts
  • Christmas Eve Day
  • What's On My Nightstand - December
  • Christmas Fun
  • Weekend Fun
  • Disney: Day Five
  • Disney: Days Three and Four
  • Disney: Days One and Two
  • It's Beginning To Look a Lot Like Christmas
  • Update
  • Plugging Along

  • Categories
  • Blogging
  • Books
  • Children's Books
  • Disney
  • Family and Friends
  • Fun
  • General
  • Hodge Podge
  • Life Lessons
  • Me
  • My Best Girl
  • My Favorite Boy
  • Running
  • Small Talk
  • Wordless Wednesday

  • Archives
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • November 2008
  • December 2008
  • January 2009
  • February 2009
  • April 2009
  • January 2010
  • February 2010
  • March 2010
  • April 2010
  • May 2010
  • June 2010
  • July 2010
  • August 2010
  • September 2010
  • October 2010
  • November 2010
  • December 2010
  • January 2011
  • February 2011
  • March 2011
  • April 2011
  • May 2011
  • June 2011
  • July 2011
  • August 2011
  • September 2011
  • October 2011
  • November 2011
  • December 2011
  • January 2012
  • February 2012
  • March 2012
  • April 2012
  • May 2012
  • June 2012
  • August 2012
  • September 2012
  • October 2012
  • November 2012
  • December 2012
  • January 2013

  • My Reading Pile



    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Images from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Meter: