About Me
Name: Lauren         Location: Middle Tennessee, USA

Welcome to my blog! I am a Christian, wife, and mother who enjoys reading, running, and all things Disney. Stop by regularly for a glimpse into my life!
My Complete Profile           Email Me


Friday, August 27, 2010
Chicago, Part Two
We recently visited Chicago. To read about the first part of our trip, click HERE.

On day three of our trip, we headed to the Museum of Science and Industry. This museum is HUGE! There were so many exhibits to visit that we couldn't do them all. My Favorite Boy could have stayed longer, but after three hours, my Best Girl was wearing down. We did visit a submarine exhibit, a farm exhibit, an area for young children, and a weather exhibit (plus others that I can't remember). Although the MOSI is a little further away than most tourist spots in Chicago, I highly recommend it!

After we left the museum, we went back to Navy Pier for a boat ride. Several years ago, my husband and I were in Chicago, and I wanted to do an architectural boat tour. Unfortunately, it rained, and we couldn't fit it into our trip. This time around, I planned for the architectural tour, but I chose a company that also included a speed boat ride on Lake Michigan. I knew that would interest the kids! I was pleasantly surprised when my Favorite Boy loved all the architectural fun facts. He listened to everything the guide said. My Best Girl did not, but she enjoyed seeing ducks and kayaks along the way, and she thoroughly enjoyed the speed boat portion!

On the fourth day of our trip, we spent most of our time at the Lincoln Park Zoo, and we also visited the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum. The Zoo was great, but I have learned that we really aren't a zoo family. My Favorite Boy doesn't really care for them at all, and even though my Best Girl likes them better than her brother does, the zoo is not a the top of her favorites list. I do, however, like this family shot at the entrance!

After dinner, we enjoyed one last fun outing: we headed to the Sears Tower (this is technically the Willis Tower now, but no one called it that). At the Skydeck, they have added some retractable glass boxes that stick out from the top of the building. These were so cool! It felt like you were suspended in mid-air. The kids loved this.

We had a wonderful trip to Chicago, and it was fun to end the summer with a bang. Next trip: Disney World in November. I am sure no one is surprised by that!

Labels: , , ,


  posted at 6:20 AM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At August 28, 2010 8:59 PM, Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Lots of fun spots, hopefully we can visit Chicago sooner or later and see some of these. I will NOT, however, be stepping out on that glass thing, oh my goodness, I can barely look at the photo! :)

 
At September 04, 2010 4:04 PM, Blogger Jana @sidetrackd said...

Sounds like lots of fun! I want to visit Chicago sometime, but it will probably be when the kids are a bit older.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Previous Posts
  • First Day of Kindergarten
  • What's On My Nightstand - August
  • A Special Day
  • Chicago, Part One
  • Kid Picks
  • Woozy
  • First Day of School
  • We Left. We're Back. We're Busy.
  • Some Facts about Me
  • Surprise

  • Categories
  • Blogging
  • Books
  • Children's Books
  • Disney
  • Family and Friends
  • Fun
  • General
  • Hodge Podge
  • Life Lessons
  • Me
  • My Best Girl
  • My Favorite Boy
  • Running
  • Small Talk
  • Wordless Wednesday

  • Archives
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • November 2008
  • December 2008
  • January 2009
  • February 2009
  • April 2009
  • January 2010
  • February 2010
  • March 2010
  • April 2010
  • May 2010
  • June 2010
  • July 2010
  • August 2010
  • September 2010
  • October 2010
  • November 2010
  • December 2010
  • January 2011
  • February 2011
  • March 2011
  • April 2011
  • May 2011
  • June 2011
  • July 2011
  • August 2011
  • September 2011
  • October 2011
  • November 2011
  • December 2011
  • January 2012
  • February 2012
  • March 2012
  • April 2012
  • May 2012
  • June 2012
  • August 2012
  • September 2012
  • October 2012
  • November 2012
  • December 2012
  • January 2013

  • My Reading Pile



    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Images from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Meter: