About Me
Name: Lauren         Location: Middle Tennessee, USA

Welcome to my blog! I am a Christian, wife, and mother who enjoys reading, running, and all things Disney. Stop by regularly for a glimpse into my life!
My Complete Profile           Email Me


Saturday, October 2, 2010
Hodge Podge
Hooray! My template is back! I am so happy about this. I know I've had the same template for a while, but I love it, and I would have been sad to lose it. I don't know for sure how it was restored, but I do think that information from a friend helped me out. Thanks, Stacy!

Here's a brief run down of some things that are going on around here.

We have been very busy lately, but in a good way. I've posted about my Best Girl playing softball, but my Favorite Boy is playing baseball and flag football as well. (We normally don't allow him to participate in two activities at once, but we made a one time exception this season for various reasons.) We have some kind of practice or game almost every night, but it has been fun, and it has gone more smoothly than I expected.

I've been eating much healthier in the last few months, and I have lots of food posts in my brain. I didn't make these changes to lose weight, but I have lost about 18 pounds. This puts me at my wedding-day weight, and I never thought I would be there again! Today, however, I threw caution to the wind at ate cupcakes from Gigi's. We had our annual fall festival at the kids' school last night, and I won the cupcakes at the silent auction. Let me tell you that Strawberry Shortcake and White Midnight Magic are delicious, and I still have Peanut Butter Cup and Banana Creme Pie to sample. The kids finished off the Texas Milk Chocolate version. I guess if I am eating healthy most of the time, a little bit of junk won't hurt!

In other news, I am trying to talk my husband into allowing my daughter to have one of these (I really want it, too):

It's a Shichon (or Zuchon), which is a Shih Tzu/Bichon mix. Isn't it adorable? It would make a great pet (as soon as we crate train it). I am hoping to persuade Dad in time for my Best Girl's birthday, but I don't know how much luck I will have. We'll see!

Labels: , ,


  posted at 5:16 PM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At October 04, 2010 9:10 AM, Blogger The Juggling Mommy said...

Wow - a dog! Your brother wondered if you were going crazy - we thought you didn't like them. As much as it would be great for you to get the puppy for BG's b-day, as someone who has done this twice, my advice is to wait until spring if possible. It's no fun to be potty training in the freezing rain/cold all winter (you have to take them out overnight when they're little). Little dogs are a bit tougher to potty train. Good luck! We love having pets (most of the time) - it's good for the whole family!

 
At October 04, 2010 10:56 AM, Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

You guys are quite the sporting family, LOL! Glad both of your kids are playing sports and enjoying them :)

I've also changed the way I eat, but instead of losing weight, I'm gaining weight! You need to tell us what else you are doing, although I bet a lot of it is the running you are doing :) I'm walking 5 or 6 days a week, but the weight is not coming off. The changes I've made to my diet are adding, so that's bad :(

That dog is adorable! I hope he gives in and you guys get one, I know it will teach your kids a lot of good lessons and about responsibility :)

Hope you're having this awesome fall weather we are, I love it!

 
At October 24, 2010 4:59 PM, Blogger Jana @sidetrackd said...

I wish my eating habits were causing the weight to drop. Guess I should eliminate the ice cream, huh? ;-)

That is one cute doggy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Previous Posts
  • What's On My Nightstand - September
  • Minneapolis
  • A Fun-Filled Weekend.
  • Take Me Out to the (Soft)Ball Game
  • The Best Day Ever
  • First Full Day
  • Classics Bookclub
  • Phone Calls
  • Chicago, Part Two
  • First Day of Kindergarten

  • Categories
  • Blogging
  • Books
  • Children's Books
  • Disney
  • Family and Friends
  • Fun
  • General
  • Hodge Podge
  • Life Lessons
  • Me
  • My Best Girl
  • My Favorite Boy
  • Running
  • Small Talk
  • Wordless Wednesday

  • Archives
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • November 2008
  • December 2008
  • January 2009
  • February 2009
  • April 2009
  • January 2010
  • February 2010
  • March 2010
  • April 2010
  • May 2010
  • June 2010
  • July 2010
  • August 2010
  • September 2010
  • October 2010
  • November 2010
  • December 2010
  • January 2011
  • February 2011
  • March 2011
  • April 2011
  • May 2011
  • June 2011
  • July 2011
  • August 2011
  • September 2011
  • October 2011
  • November 2011
  • December 2011
  • January 2012
  • February 2012
  • March 2012
  • April 2012
  • May 2012
  • June 2012
  • August 2012
  • September 2012
  • October 2012
  • November 2012
  • December 2012
  • January 2013

  • My Reading Pile



    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Images from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Meter: