About Me
Name: Lauren         Location: Middle Tennessee, USA

Welcome to my blog! I am a Christian, wife, and mother who enjoys reading, running, and all things Disney. Stop by regularly for a glimpse into my life!
My Complete Profile           Email Me


Wednesday, December 14, 2011
October Disney Trip, Days One and Two
Once again, I am behind on my blogging! Two months ago, we left for our final Disney trip on our annual passes. If any of you are still reading my blog, you're probably tired of Disney posts, but this will be the last trip I post about for a while because we aren't planning to go to Disney World in 2012. These posts really help me when I get around to scrapbooking, so here goes...(speaking of scrapbooking, I am caught up through the end of 2009, and I plan to catch up on 2010 and 2011 after the holidays).

The kids and I left on a Friday afternoon and arrived in Orlando on Friday night. We had free flights and had to fly through New Orleans to get to Orlando. This was not ideal, but the kids were troopers. We made it to the All-Star Sports Resort in time to unpack and go to bed.

On Saturday morning, we headed to Animal Kingdom. (Here's where I get lazy and loosey-goosey with my children's identity on the internet and let you see my Best Girl's name. Since I have been calling her my Best Girl on my blog for almost 5 years, I'll keep that up, but you'll see her name in a few of these pics). My Best Girl's birthday is in October, so she celebrated the entire time we were at Disney. On the first morning, while we were waiting for Animal Kingdom to open, she snagged some birthday buttons. Birthday buttons lead to lots of attention from cast members, so she really enjoyed wearing these all week.

After the park opened, we headed straight to Expedition Everest. The kids love this ride, but I made them stop after two times because my brain and stomach couldn't handle it three times in a row.

Next, we headed to the Kali River Rapids where I was thankful to avoid a soaking. The kids did get wet, so everyone was happy! After the rapids, we met some friends from home in Dinoland. My Favorite Boy was thrilled to see his buddy from school.

We enjoyed some attractions with our friends, and then the kids and I headed to Africa for lunch and a snack. My Favorite Boy loves Donald, so he was thrilled with this yummy chocolate mousse in a Donald keepsake mug.

After some treats, we left Animal Kingdom for some pool time at the resort.

The kids enjoyed the swim and poolside games for a few hours, and then we headed to Epcot for dinner.

We stopped on the way into the park for some photos. My kids love the magic shots!

We dined at Akershus in Norway with the princesses. This is one of my Best Girl's favorite meals. My Favorite Boy would pass on this one if he could.

We saw Belle, Ariel, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and Snow White. My Best Girl also got a signed birthday card from the princesses and a cupcake.

On the way out of the park, both kids bought a souvenir. My Favorite Boy chose a Donald hat, which he wore all week. My Best Girl bought some Minnie ears, which she lost at the bus stop the next day.

We returned to the hotel to watch a poolside movie. They showed Mars Needs Moms, which we hadn't seen. The kids loved watching the movie by the pool!

The next day, we headed to Magic Kingdom. We enjoyed Pooh and Peter Pan in Fantasyland before heading to Frontierland. On the way, we saw Donald, and my Favorite Boy got him to autograph his hat.

We spent the day visiting our favorite Magic Kingdom attractions, and we grabbed lunch for the kids Casey's. We hit a few more rides, like Space Mountain and the Peoplemover, and also visited with Tinkerbell and friends before heading to the Main Street Barbershop for my Best Girl's haircut.

Unfortunately, my camera got knocked off a bench in the barbershop and would no longer work when I needed a flash. For the rest of the week, I could only take pictures outside in the daylight with my camera. I bought a disposable with a flash, but I knew the pictures wouldn't be very good, so I decided to order a point-and-shoot from amazon, which they sent to the resort. My Best Girl got the camera as an early birthday present, and I got to use it indoors and at night during our trip. Thankfully, I had also prepaid for the Disney Photopass CD, so I relied on their services in some circumstances.

Back to the haircut...

My Best Girl enjoyed the cut and glitter at the Barber Shop. If you are ever at Disney, you should take advantage of this. A kids' cut is only $15, and such a fun experience!

The haircut ended as the daytime parade was starting, so we watched the parade from the Barber Shop, and then headed over to meet Mickey, Minnie, and the princesses. Somehow, Sleeping Beauty managed to get a hug from my Favorite Boy. I asked him why he hugged her, and he replied, "She asked. What was I supposed to say? No?" As a matter of fact, he tells me no when I ask all the time. Not sure why he doesn't give in to me! :)

We ended the day at the Hoop Dee Doo Revue at Ft. Wilderness. This dinner show is one of my kids' favorite experiences at Disney World. We spent the evening laughing until we cried. It was a wonderful end to a very full day!

Labels:


  posted at 1:23 PM  
  0 comments



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Previous Posts
  • Catching Up, Part Two
  • Catching Up
  • Fall Fun
  • Backyard Party
  • Happy Birthday, Oreo!
  • July Disney Trip: The Final Chapter
  • Kid Picks
  • Fall
  • Game Day
  • Fun with Dad

  • Categories
  • Blogging
  • Books
  • Children's Books
  • Disney
  • Family and Friends
  • Fun
  • General
  • Hodge Podge
  • Life Lessons
  • Me
  • My Best Girl
  • My Favorite Boy
  • Running
  • Small Talk
  • Wordless Wednesday

  • Archives
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • November 2008
  • December 2008
  • January 2009
  • February 2009
  • April 2009
  • January 2010
  • February 2010
  • March 2010
  • April 2010
  • May 2010
  • June 2010
  • July 2010
  • August 2010
  • September 2010
  • October 2010
  • November 2010
  • December 2010
  • January 2011
  • February 2011
  • March 2011
  • April 2011
  • May 2011
  • June 2011
  • July 2011
  • August 2011
  • September 2011
  • October 2011
  • November 2011
  • December 2011
  • January 2012
  • February 2012
  • March 2012
  • April 2012
  • May 2012
  • June 2012
  • August 2012
  • September 2012
  • October 2012
  • November 2012
  • December 2012
  • January 2013

  • My Reading Pile



    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Images from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Meter: