About Me
Name: Lauren         Location: Middle Tennessee, USA

Welcome to my blog! I am a Christian, wife, and mother who enjoys reading, running, and all things Disney. Stop by regularly for a glimpse into my life!
My Complete Profile           Email Me


Tuesday, October 9, 2007
Our Wonderful Week, The Conclusion
I know, I know. You're thinking, "Could it really be true? Is this really the last Disney post?" And yes, it is the last time I will post about our vacation. I cannot promise, however, that I will never mention Disney World again. :)

On our final day at Disney World, we headed back to the Magic Kingdom. The park opened an hour early for resort guests; it was called "An Extra Magic Hour for Little Ones." All the rides in Fantasyland were open (with no lines), and there were characters out and about playing games with the kids. Minnie and Daisy were playing "Duck, Duck, Goose"; Wendy and Peter Pan were playing "Hide-and-Seek"; Stitch was riding Dumbo. It was a very fun hour!



We spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon doing some of our favorite rides again (Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, the Indy Speedway, Goofy's Barnstormer), and we also enjoyed some things we hadn't tried earlier in the week. My Favorite Boy decided he was brave enough for the Haunted Mansion, which he determined was not so scary after an initial moment where they turned out the lights unexpectedly. We also went to see the Country Bear Jamboree. In my opinion, this show is a little hokey and needs to be redone; but, my Best Girl loved it! My Best Girl and her daddy also enjoyed the Liberty Belle Riverboat, which had been closed earlier in the week.

Another fun happening on Friday was that we ran into my husband's college roommate and his family. We hadn't seen them in a couple of years, and we had no idea they were at Disney World. We were overjoyed to see them!

We also went to visit Ariel. While I waited in line, the kiddos played in the fountains. My Favorite Boy got a little wet.

My Best Girl was wet too, but she took a break to pose with Ariel. Ariel even gave her a flower!



After meeting Ariel, my Best Girl was standing by a rail singing "It's a Small World" at the top of her lungs (after riding it six times, she knew the tune). She was oblivious to the fact that she was singing next to a covered seating area where there were about 50 people resting. When she finished her energetic rendition, all the people began to clap for her. It was so cute, but she really had no idea why they were clapping. She just turned and smiled at them.

For our final character meal, we visited Piglet, Pooh, Tigger, and Eeyore at the Crystal Palace. We have eaten there twice, and both times we have been pleased with our meal. And, who could resist a visit with Winnie and the gang?




After dinner, my Best Girl and her daddy went back to the hotel to turn in for the evening. My Favorite Boy and I headed to MGM to watch Fantasmic. On the way to the show, we passed the Tower of Terror. Because there was no line, I asked my Favorite Boy if he wanted to ride. He hesitated for a moment, and then answered, "No." Later, he told my husband that he was "almost brave enough to ride Tower of Terror!" :)


Fatasmic was good, but not as good as I had expected it to be. I had heard really good things about it, so my expectations were very high. A large portion of the show focused on every Disney villain imaginable, so my Favorite Boy kept his eyes closed and ears covered for a good portion of the 30 minute show. Because you have to arrive very early to get a seat, we probably won't do that show again for a while.

Sadly, on Saturday morning, it was time to pack up for the trip home. We couldn't leave, however, without having Mickey waffles for breakfast!

As our bus drove away from Disney World, my Favorite Boy teared up a little bit (although he would never admit it). We had such a good time, and we can't wait to go back. Okay, maybe Dad can wait; but he tries to enjoy it because he loves us so much. :)

Good-Bye Disney World! We hope to see you again soon!

Labels: , , ,


  posted at 3:19 PM  
  0 comments



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Previous Posts
  • Our Weekend
  • Our Wonderful Week, Part Four
  • Grammy, Lambie, and Other Events
  • Our Wonderful Week, Part Three
  • Our Wonderful Week, Part Two
  • Our Wonderful Week, Part One
  • Small Talk about Sleepovers
  • Small Talk about Birthing
  • Small Talk about God
  • For the Record

  • Categories
  • Blogging
  • Books
  • Children's Books
  • Disney
  • Family and Friends
  • Fun
  • General
  • Hodge Podge
  • Life Lessons
  • Me
  • My Best Girl
  • My Favorite Boy
  • Running
  • Small Talk
  • Wordless Wednesday

  • Archives
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • November 2008
  • December 2008
  • January 2009
  • February 2009
  • April 2009
  • January 2010
  • February 2010
  • March 2010
  • April 2010
  • May 2010
  • June 2010
  • July 2010
  • August 2010
  • September 2010
  • October 2010
  • November 2010
  • December 2010
  • January 2011
  • February 2011
  • March 2011
  • April 2011
  • May 2011
  • June 2011
  • July 2011
  • August 2011
  • September 2011
  • October 2011
  • November 2011
  • December 2011
  • January 2012
  • February 2012
  • March 2012
  • April 2012
  • May 2012
  • June 2012
  • August 2012
  • September 2012
  • October 2012
  • November 2012
  • December 2012
  • January 2013

  • My Reading Pile



    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Images from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Meter: