About Me
Name: Lauren         Location: Middle Tennessee, USA

Welcome to my blog! I am a Christian, wife, and mother who enjoys reading, running, and all things Disney. Stop by regularly for a glimpse into my life!
My Complete Profile           Email Me


Thursday, June 14, 2007
Memes
(This is a post from my deleted blog. I haven't added pics or links back in yet.)

In recent weeks, I was tagged for two memes. I thought I would include them both today. Holly from Puddin' and Princess Stories tagged me several weeks ago for this meme about me. At the time, we were in St. Louis, so it has taken me a little while to respond. Here goes!

What were you doing 10 years ago? Ten years ago, in 1997, we were preparing to buy our first house. We lived in a very small apartment for a year, and moved into our first home on the weekend of our first anniversary, July 27, 1997. I was also in graduate school at Middle Tennessee State University working on my M.Ed.

What were you doing 1 year ago? Last June was very similar to now: playing with the kids, cleaning, typical stay-at-home mom stuff.

Five snacks you enjoy: M&Ms, Skittles, Cheetos, Lay's Sour Cream & Onion chips, and Starburst Jelly Beans. I am obviously a health nut.

Five songs that you know all the lyrics: "Jesus Loves Me", "My Favorite Things" (from The Sound of Music), the theme song from The Brady Bunch, the theme song from Veggie Tales, "Shake Your Sillies Out" by Raffi. Can you tell I haven't listened to much grown-up music lately?

Five bad habits: Drinking Sun-Drop, eating the aforementioned snacks, eating too much of all the other foods I didn't include in the list above, talking too much, procrastinating

Five things you like doing: reading, blogging, talking with friends, eating, exercising (enjoying this helps with the eating part).

Five things you would never wear again: acid-washed jeans, tight-rolled jeans, blue eye shadow, parachute pants, red socks

Five favorite toys: my camera, the computer, scrapbooking stuff, my cell phone, books (sorry if these don't all count as toys).

I know that's plenty of information about me, but now you will learn even more! Lu tagged me for this 4 Things meme.

Four Things I Learned or Experienced in the Last Four Years

1. Things don't always go according to my plan. Many of you already know how I learned this, but if you haven't read about the birth of my daughter, click here.

2. As much as you love doing things with your husband and children, it's okay to hang on to things you enjoy as well. I have always loved reading. For several years, I didn't take the time to read books because I was always busy participating in what everyone else wanted to do and taking care of endless baby tasks. A few years ago, I went with my husband on a business trip. I was alone during the day, so I read and read and read. I haven't stopped since. While it is still important for me to enjoy activities with those I love, I plan spend time doing things I enjoy as well.

3. A true friendship can grow even when the friends are separated by physical distance. Over four years ago, a close friend of mine moved. We were friends at the time, but through consistent e-mails and phone calls, we are closer now than we were when she lived a mile away from my house. We have shared so many ups and downs over the last 4+ years. I am thankful for her true friendship and for the email and free long distance that allow us to be in touch daily. A friendship like ours is truly a blessing.

4. If your button comes off your pants at an inconvenient time, you can use a safety pin to hold yourself together. :) I found this out when I lost a button this week. I just thought I would share this very important information.

Four Things I Want To Try or Do in the Next Four Years

1. I would like to go on a trip with my husband for a few days (alone). We haven't done that in a few years. I enjoy going on trips with the kids, but it's nice to have some grown-up time every now and then too! I would especially enjoy going back to NYC. My husband has never been.

2. I want to take both my kids to Disney World for a week. We plan to do this in September. I can't wait to see the look on my best girl's face when she meets Snow White and Cinderella in Cinderella's castle!

3. I want to redo some of my old scrapbooks. I have been scrapbooking since ninth grade. At the time, acid-free materials weren't widely available. All the photos from my high school years are in old magnetic albums, and I don't want my pictures to ruin. I hope to take some time to do this in the fall.

4. Most importantly, I want to continue to train my children to know and love God and to obey Him in everything. Obviously, this is an ongoing goal, but it will be the most important goal for me in the next four years!

There you have it. If you haven't done one or both of these memes, and you would like to play along, let me know. I would love to come and visit your post as well. Have a wonderful Thursday!

Labels:


  posted at 1:26 PM  
  0 comments



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Previous Posts
  • Wordless Wednesday: A Kiss for Daddy
  • Entitlement
  • Weekend Reflection
  • Wordless Wednesday: Don't Come Any Closer or I'll ...
  • Weekend Reflection
  • Wordless Wednesday: My Preschool Graduate
  • St. Louis, Part Two
  • St. Louis, Part One
  • Small Talk at My House - The Mother's Day Edition
  • Small Talk at the Ballpark

  • Categories
  • Blogging
  • Books
  • Children's Books
  • Disney
  • Family and Friends
  • Fun
  • General
  • Hodge Podge
  • Life Lessons
  • Me
  • My Best Girl
  • My Favorite Boy
  • Running
  • Small Talk
  • Wordless Wednesday

  • Archives
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • November 2008
  • December 2008
  • January 2009
  • February 2009
  • April 2009
  • January 2010
  • February 2010
  • March 2010
  • April 2010
  • May 2010
  • June 2010
  • July 2010
  • August 2010
  • September 2010
  • October 2010
  • November 2010
  • December 2010
  • January 2011
  • February 2011
  • March 2011
  • April 2011
  • May 2011
  • June 2011
  • July 2011
  • August 2011
  • September 2011
  • October 2011
  • November 2011
  • December 2011
  • January 2012
  • February 2012
  • March 2012
  • April 2012
  • May 2012
  • June 2012
  • August 2012
  • September 2012
  • October 2012
  • November 2012
  • December 2012
  • January 2013

  • My Reading Pile



    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Images from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Meter: