About Me
Name: Lauren         Location: Middle Tennessee, USA

Welcome to my blog! I am a Christian, wife, and mother who enjoys reading, running, and all things Disney. Stop by regularly for a glimpse into my life!
My Complete Profile           Email Me


Friday, March 2, 2007
A Day in My Life
Welcome to A Day in My Life! This is such a great idea, and I thank Owlhaven for hosting it. I am including pictures of a typical day at the Baseballs and Bows household with a running commentary.

I am sure our day is fairly typical. I wake up about nine to breakfast in bed while a maid cleans my house. I then somehow manage to get a manicure, visit with my personal trainer, read, and shop while our nanny plays with the kids. Most of our meals are prepared by our chef, so I don't do much cooking.


HA!

Okay. That's not exactly our daily routine. However, I wouldn't trade our days for anything!

We start our day about 6:30. Dad rises to leave for work, and my best girl usually starts singing in her crib around this time. Although she doesn't appear to be happy in this picture, she is quite chipper in the mornings. She wakes and begins to sing at the top of her lungs. The first item on our agenda is breakfast. The kids both love pancakes, so they eat them most days. I start the day with cereal and a banana, and I also try to read one chapter from the book of Proverbs while eating.

By 8:30, we are usually at our local Y. I exercise for an hour while the kids enjoy the supervised playroom. My favorite exercise activity is aerobics, but I sometimes use the stairmaster or elliptical machine. The kids appreciate this opportunity to play with other kids; they have made several friends.

When we leave the Y, we usually run errands that need to be done. We didn't run errands today, but I couldn't resist including this picture from the car. When we don't run errands, we fill this time by listening to music, creating with play-doh, reading, shooting hoops, and playing with toys, etc...

Lunch time rolls around quickly (it seems we are always in the kitchen). A typical lunch for us is grilled cheese, peanut butter and jelly, or chicken. I use lunch time to make some preparations for dinner, and I also read aloud to the kids. We have been reading poetry at lunch, and they really enjoy it.

My best girl goes down for a nap after lunch. A two hour nap is average for her. During this time, I clean, shower, and spend a few minutes on the computer. I allow my favorite boy to spend an hour or so playing games on the computer (we have a computer that is not connected to the internet that he uses to play games). After this, my favorite boy and I play some games or read together until his sister wakes.

At least once a week, we go to the library. We went today after nap time. We LOVE the library! Right now, we have 50 library books at home. Our children's department is great, and we enjoy the books as well as puzzles, games, and computers. On days we don't go to the library, we try to play outside. My favorite boy likes to shoot basketball and play football with his neighborhood buddy; my best girl loves to swing and play with her sand table. Today, however, was a rainy day, so the library was a great alternative!

Normally, we have dinner together as a family. Dad came in from out of town tonight and missed dinner, so I will spare you the pictures of my children eating spaghetti. The great excitement came when Dad showed up with presents. At his meeting this week in Orlando, he heard Joe Theismann speak. Dad surprised my favorite boy with an autographed football. This was a HUGE hit.

My best girl got a Disney princess pop-up brush with a mirror. This was so exciting, that she had to don this...

Does she look like she enjoyed her gift? I see a great deal of primping in our future!

No night at our house is complete without a game of tackle basketball between father and son. Don't ask me the rules! I stay out of this game!

My best girl couldn't head to bed without making one more mess.

After this, we had our nightly Bible study as a family, and we put the kids to bed. At 8:00, Dad and I have a chance to watch TV, read, rest, talk, etc... We usually head to bed around 10:00.

So...this is our day. Lest you think it was too picturesque, I did not include shots of the coat rack falling off the wall, our mailbox after our neighbor ran into it, or my clothes and the kitchen floor which were doused with water when the sprayer thingy at my sink got stuck and sprayed water every time I turned on the faucet. However, I am sure you can picture each of those images! Thanks for sharing our day with us!

Labels: , ,


  posted at 7:08 PM  
 





Previous Posts
  • Fun with Friends
  • Excuses, Excuses
  • Small Talk at My House
  • Company Is Coming
  • My Best Girl's Prayer
  • Small Talk at My House
  • The Kindness Jar
  • My Favorite Boy Looks Out for His Mom
  • The Birth of My Best Girl
  • Read to Me 2007

  • Categories
  • Blogging
  • Books
  • Children's Books
  • Disney
  • Family and Friends
  • Fun
  • General
  • Hodge Podge
  • Life Lessons
  • Me
  • My Best Girl
  • My Favorite Boy
  • Running
  • Small Talk
  • Wordless Wednesday

  • Archives
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • November 2008
  • December 2008
  • January 2009
  • February 2009
  • April 2009
  • January 2010
  • February 2010
  • March 2010
  • April 2010
  • May 2010
  • June 2010
  • July 2010
  • August 2010
  • September 2010
  • October 2010
  • November 2010
  • December 2010
  • January 2011
  • February 2011
  • March 2011
  • April 2011
  • May 2011
  • June 2011
  • July 2011
  • August 2011
  • September 2011
  • October 2011
  • November 2011
  • December 2011
  • January 2012
  • February 2012
  • March 2012
  • April 2012
  • May 2012
  • June 2012
  • August 2012
  • September 2012
  • October 2012
  • November 2012
  • December 2012
  • January 2013

  • My Reading Pile



    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Images from:
    istockphoto

    Powered by:


    Meter: